07 Aug Vacancy – Technical Equipment Delivery
Applications for this position have now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied.
We are recruiting! We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter to work in a client facing role as a key member of our Logistics and Installation team.
All about you!
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We value team players and here at Sharples we are committed to providing our people with the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
The Candidate we are looking for will exude the same characteristics of our current team. Sharples team members are intelligent, they are self-starters, they are organized, and they like working with a smart, talented, and a generally awesome team of co-workers and clients. You’ll be the face of Logistics and installation for our company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills. These skills combined with the ability to quickly dissect and understand the needs and the ability to triage and troubleshoot issues will be critical to your success.
At Sharples we believe in promoting from within and with our current growth plans and the acceleration we’re seeing in our business. If you share our love of technology, understand that our people and clients are our most valuable asset and want a company your career can grow with then this opportunity is for you.
Our organisation is tiered in such a way that you will be working sometimes directly with the Directors and other times with people at every level of the company. This position reports directly to the Service Director and is based in our Warrington offices, you will be required to travel frequently and work on location at customers across the UK with occasional overnight stays.
- Accurately check and load business machines and associated documentation in preparation for delivery
- Delivery/collection of equipment to/from customers at various locations as needed
- Ensure that the supplies/equipment are stored safely and securely in the vehicle to preserve product integrity and driver safety during transport
- Complete vehicle pre-journey checks and report any defects prior to leaving the site
- Follow delivery routes assigned to optimise efficiency and meet schedules
- Accurately complete all appropriate documentation/systems and submit to the relevant person in a timely fashion
- Communicate regularly with the customer service department regarding the status of delivery route
- Communicate any delivery or collection discrepancy when it occurs and report any potential service failure
- Install, connect to IT network and provide “green button” demonstration to the client
- Accept ad hoc assignments throughout the day, as and when required
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of you and other persons
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Any other duties which are reasonable and appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience working within a similar role – logistics and inventory control – preferred but not essential as full training will be given
- Full UK driving licence (no more than 3 points)
- Able to demonstrate reliability, good time management and organising skills
- Able to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication/numerical skills
- Good administrative and record keeping skills
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail
- Strong customer focus skills
- Follow procedures accurately.
- Manual Handling – lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching
- 37.5 working hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Occasional early starts (from 6am if required) and late finishes (up to 7pm if required)
- Overtime and bonuses available
- Due to entering some sites containing vulnerable people ie. Childrens nurseries and care homes, the successful candidate will need to complete a DBS check.
Working Relationships & Key Measures
- Working with the Transport Team and Service Supervisor
- Co-ordinating with other departments such as Directors, Customer Services and Transport team
- Job-related KPI achievement
- Feedback from customers, peers and colleagues
- Accuracy and timeliness of work
- Clean and tidy in appearance. Uniform and protective clothing provided.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a professional manner
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible – able to facilitate change at short notice
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to all interactions both with team members and our customers
- Able to demonstrate a strong customer service mentality and understand that some things must be acted upon with urgency and immediacy
- Pro-active and willing to go the extra mile and offer the best possible service to our customers
- Strive to progress within our organisation with ambition and effort.
The Sharples Group is an equal opportunities employer embracing diversity in the workplace
It is the Company’s intention that this job description is seen as a guide to the main areas and duties for which the job holder is accountable. However, the business will change and the job holder’s obligations are bound to vary and develop, so the job description should be seen as a guide and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement. This job description is non-contractual.
The Sharples Group is a trusted Managed Print Service Provider partnering major players such as Toshiba, OKI, Epson, Sharp and Lexmark delivering our services to the private and public sectors.
We have long-term partnerships and relationships with some of the most respected companies in the UK and globally.
Weknow our people are our foundation of success. We are passionate about your career progression with us. We strive to develop and promote from within whenever we can, so if you want to develop your career Sharples Group will provide the training and the opportunities!
We combine our expertise in Managed Print Service, financial solutions, customer relationship management supplying both the public and private sector to deliver innovative, individual solutions that help our clients to achieve their objectives. We employ 25+ people across three locations in the UK.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
Aimee Locke-Timmins at firstname.lastname@example.org