What is personal data?
Personal data is anything that identifies you as an individual. For example, your name, email address, an ID number etc. are personal data.
Our legal obligations
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the law on data protection and privacy for individuals in the EU. It means we must tell you the following things about your personal data that we collect:
- How we collect it
- If it is shared with anyone else
- How it will be used, and our “lawful basis” under GDPR, for using it this way
- Hold long we hold it for
- Your rights regarding your personal data that we hold, how you can request a copy of it and request we remove it from our records.
(You can find out more about the GDPR at the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website. The ICO is the data protection regulator in the UK.)
We, Sharples Group Ltd, are what is known as the Data Controller of the personal data we collect. This means we determine the way your personal data is used.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data about you when you:
- Fill in and submit forms on this website
- Fill in and submit surveys on this website
- Set up an account with or buy anything from the shop on this website
- Sign up for and attend our events
- Open any of our email newsletters, and click on any of the links contained in them.
Our website is protected by SSL encryption which means that the data you submit is done so securely.
We also collect website usage information using Cookies.