What is personal data?
Personal data is anything that identifies you as an individual. For example, your name, email address, an ID number etc. are personal data.
Our legal obligations
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the law on data protection and privacy for individuals in the EU. It means we must tell you the following things about your personal data that we collect:
- How we collect it
- If it is shared with anyone else
- How it will be used, and our “lawful basis” under GDPR, for using it this way
- Hold long we hold it for
- Your rights regarding your personal data that we hold, how you can request a copy of it and request we remove it from our records.
(You can find out more about the GDPR at the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website. The ICO is the data protection regulator in the UK.)
We, Sharples Group Ltd, are what is known as the Data Controller of the personal data we collect. This means we determine the way your personal data is used.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data about you when you:
- Fill in and submit forms on this website
- Fill in and submit surveys on this website
- Set up an account with or buy anything from the shop on this website.
We also collect website usage information using Cookies.
Website Forms, Surveys and Shop Forms:
This website contains the following forms, and this is how we use the personal data you submit:
|Form Type||Use||Lawful basis of use||Why we think this applies||Retention period|
|Contact Us/Talk To Us/Get In Touch/OKI Pro Series Product Enquiry/Get A Quote/Request Callback/Request Print Sample||We will use your information to respond to your enquiry.||Consent||You offer us your data for the specific reason stated on the form you completed.||Ongoing.|
|Newsletter Signup||We will add your information to our email database and send you regular email newsletters.||Consent||You offer us your data for the specific reason stated on the form you completed.||Ongoing.
Please note: our emails always contain an unsubscribe button, so that you can stop receiving emails at anytime.
|Installation Survey/Service Call Survey||We will use your information to: contact you about any issues arising from the survey; develop and improve our services. We may also use your feedback in promotions only where you have given explicit consent by ticking the relevant box.||Legitimate Interest & Consent||Legitimate Interest: To enable us to improve our service offering. Consent: You offer us your data for use in promotions.||Ongoing.
Please note: you can withdraw your consent at anytime by emailing:
|Shop Order Forms||We will use your information to process orders that you have placed with us.||Contract||To fulfil our contractual obligations to supply products/services.||Ongoing|
Please note: Email newsletters always contain an ‘unsubscribe’ link so you can stop receiving emails at any time. We retain the unsubscribe information on file to make sure we do not email you again.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer or other device, and stored there, when you visit a website, allowing the website to recognise you as a user for your visit or for repeat visits.
Cookies don’t hold personal data about you, for example they don’t store your name or email address, but they do store things like your computer settings, operating system and platform, and IP address.
Please visit our Cookies Policy page to find out more about Cookies.
Do we share your data?
Yes. We share your data with the following third parties (know as Data Processors):
- Supplier and delivery partners to fulfil your online shop order.
- MarketThing (a business name of Mayer & Mayer Ltd), a trusted long-term partner who manage our website, distribute email marketing newsletters on our behalf and carry out other marketing activities. They only use your data as instructed by us and never share it with anyone besides us.
We do not sell or rent your data to any third party.
Under GDPR you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- The right to be informed – how we collect and use your personal data
- The right of access – to request access to your personal data
- The right to rectification – to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed
- The right to erasure- (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal data erased
- The right to restrict processing – to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data
- The right to data portability – to obtain your personal data, and reuse it for your own purposes
- The right to object – to us processing your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – to request information about the processing and challenge a decision.
If you have any questions about any of your personal information that we may hold, or want to exercise your rights please contact us at:
Sharples Group Ltd
and we will respond in 30 days.
You can visit the ICO website for more information about your individual rights.
Links to other websites
Sharples Group Ltd
The contact details for the ICO are available on their website.