Cut the cost of printing with flexible print management software
What is PaperCut?
PaperCut software gives you control over your costs and environmental impact by enabling you to monitor and manage printing across a range of devices (printers, copiers, faxes, scanners) within your business – easily and effectively.
PaperCut allows you to control printer use by intercepting print jobs on your server and applying your print policies to the jobs.
For example, you can:
- Manage printing via tracking, quotas and / or pay-for-print charging
- Support laptop users with driverless printing
- Implement print policies to reduce waste and costs, and increase productivity, e.g, by stopping printing of emails, requiring large print jobs to be duplexed and restricting colour printing
- Monitor your print fleet, with toner level detection and printer error alerts by email or SMS.
- Scalable from five to 500,000 end users
- Secure system design
- Enterprise-wide license with no limits on the number of servers, workstations, printers, operating systems or domains
- Modern software under active development, with regular releases
- Simple to use browser based admin
- Simple installation and easy to use. Begin tracking immediately by installing on your existing servers
- Deploy centrally on your server. Optional client software is not required for basic print tracking
- Intranet integration options and fully documented API and scripting interface
PaperCut delivers real bottom-line savings. It is scalable and customisable to specific business needs. Implementation ranges from silently tracking employee usage by individual, office or department, to explicit reporting of usage costs, budgeting, and environmental impacts (shows usage and impact by tree or by CO2 volume).
PaperCut – The Background
PaperCut was originally developed in 1998 to implement student print quotas in education. Since then has evolved so that it is now in use in over 50,000 organisations across 100+ countries, across SME, Corporate, Government and Education sectors. Its philosophy is that setting reasonable budgets or quotas and active monitoring is the key to controlling print usage in organisations.
PaperCut encourages the responsible use of company resources and helps to create an environmentally friendly workplace.
PaperCut – Technical Overview
PaperCut is the only true cross-platform print control software available, supporting all major operating systems including Windows, Mac, Linux and Novell, and can cope with mixed environments.
PaperCut – The Benefits to Your Business
- Increase efficiency with Mobile / Follow Me printing via Google Cloud
- Set print quotas to encourage responsible use
- Track printing and monitor usage across departments
- Drill down on costs via management reports and analysis
- Customise with optional additional software
- Silently track printing and associated costs by individual user, office or department
- Printing can be monitored and reported or charged back on a per-document, per-user, per-client or per-department basis
- Actively manage the print process with filters, routing and redirection
- Stay on top with regular print monitoring reports to analyse and audit printer usage
- Educate workers, and create an environmentally aware workplace
- Web print lets end users print wirelessly from laptops etc with no driver installation or server authentication.
- Over 50 one-click reports in standard formats (PDF, CSV, HTML)
- Watermark every print
- Automatically add a username or other information to the bottom of
- Digital signatures
- Release sensitive documents at point of printing
- Delegate administration rights
- Grant specific rights by functional areas
- Hold/release queue
- Show popups prompting users on situations such as not printing jobs duplex, attempting to print emails, or suggestion to print grayscale when printing from a web browser