Electronic Document Management – What is it?
Document management brings the two worlds of online and paper together in a way that can help make your business more productive. It is a process of scanning and electronic archiving and retrieving by data capture of all the documents used in a business. Document management enables you to scan a document as it is received (and electronically archiving it to eliminating the need for the paper copy).
Be more environmentally friendly, and make your business more efficient!
By the process of data capture you are able to work with that document as easily as other documents on your computer – you can email, file and electronically retrieve all your documents quickly. It puts you in control, makes you more efficient and more environmentally friendly whilst at the same time protecting you against loss of information.
What can Electronic Document Management do for your business?
Every bus iness has different requirements and these can be managed by our tailor made document management solutions, but here are just some of the basics:
- Scan both single- and multi-page documents. For example, you can scan paper documents for electronic archiving and then recycle the paper copies.
- Read a scanned document or fax quickly and easily on your computer screen. For example, you can read through a multi-page fax online.
- Fill out a simple form online that has been scanned or faxed. For example, scan a paper form or open a faxed form, fill in the requested information including check boxes, and return the form by email.
- Perform optical character recognition (OCR) in a scanned document or a fax. For example, after data capture the text is recognized in a scanned document or a fax, you can search for specific text, or copy text to another program.
- Copy text and images from a scanned document or a fax and paste into any Office program. Or, you can export text and images from a scanned document or a fax into Microsoft programs. For example, copy important data from a fax or scanned document to a Microsoft Excel worksheet.
- Reorganise the page order in a multi-page-scanned document or fax as easily as rearranging papers in a folder. For example, remove the cover page from a fax, or add additional pages before sending it on to another person.
- Send scanned documents to others in e-mail or as a fax over the Internet.
- Annotate a scanned document or fax and share it with another person. For example, add comments to a fax and return it to the sender.
In short, electronic document management solutions can streamline your processes, ensure everyone involved can find whatever document they need and help in your efforts to be environmentally friendly.
Sign up for one of our Document Management Solutions Seminars
To find out more why not sign-up for the next Sharples Group seminar held at our Warrington showrooms. They can help you gain a better understanding of document management solutions and in turn help you save time and money.