Well organised and easy to find documents are essential to running your business
If you think your filing system could be more streamlined and organised, why not consider an Electronic Document Management (EDM) system which will secure your documents into well organised, secure electronic files?
Your paper documents are converted into electronic files which can be stored, retrieved, distributed or put into a work flow system. You can keep track of each revision of your documents, making sure that latest version is always at hand. Secure storage options mean your files are safe. And we have systems that could cost you less than a £5.00 a day.
As with all our products, one of our specialists will carry out a full consultation to assess your business needs before recommending a system that will work best for you.
Benefits of Electronic Document Management
- Save time Electronic archiving of documents lets employees find and work with documents without the need to leave their desks resulting in saving time, cutting cost and improving efficiency.
- Improve security Files can be protected by passwords and not lost amongst paperwork
- Retrieve data Having a file stored electronically means it can be restored quickly if lost
- Environmental benefits Save paper by having files stored electronically and viewable on hand held and desktop devices. A step towards the paperless office
- Easy access – Via a powerful search mechanism, tagging and tag clouds, or an easy to use document browse interface
- Easy to share Via email, direct web links or RSS feeds
- Easy mapping Via metadata (information about the documents) in the repository
- Control accessibility Via a powerful but easy to use mechanism to control who can access, edit or share which documents.
Electronic Document Management in action
- Scan both single and multi-page documents. You can scan paper documents for electronic archiving and then recycle the paper copies.
- Read a scanned document or fax quickly and easily on your computer screen.
- Fill out a simple form online that has been scanned or faxed. For example, scan a paper form or open a faxed form, fill in the requested information including check boxes, and return the form by email.
- Perform optical character recognition (OCR) in a scanned document or a fax. After data capture, the text is recognised in a scanned document or a fax and you can search for specific text, or copy text to another program.
- Copy text and images from a scanned document or a fax and paste into any Office program. Or, you can export text and images from a scanned document or a fax into Microsoft programs. For example, copy important data from a fax or scanned document to a Microsoft Excel worksheet.
- Reorganise the page order in a multi-page-scanned document or fax as easily as rearranging papers in a folder.
- Send scanned documents to others in e-mail or as a fax over the internet.
- Annotate a scanned document or fax and share it with another person. For example, add comments to a fax and return it to the sender.
In short, electronic document management solutions can streamline your processes, ensure everyone involved can find whatever document they need and help in your efforts to be environmentally friendly.
Companies that integrate an electronic document management solution into their processes are more efficient and increasingly have time to focus on more critical business issues.